There was a time when artificial flowers came in all ridiculous colors and forms. They were plastic-like, cheap decorations which did no good for any interior design. Chances are you could still spot some in your grandma’s attic or in some motel that’s still stuck in the 80s. Much of the current stigma around artificial flowers stems from its notorious, shady past. But just like everything else, these decorative accents evolved and now it’s incredibly difficult to make out real flowers from faux ones just by looking at them.
Modern artificial flowers, especially luxury ones are handcrafted with extreme attention to detail and stand out on their own. Yes, real flowers produce great fragrance and have unmatched grace about them, but artificial flowers bring their own advantages. In fact, premium artificial flower arrangements can last for years, bring unmatched flair and charisma to the setting, and can turn out to be the best décor investment. Here are some of the reasons why faux flowers make perfect sense for home interior.
- Incredibly Lifelike – Premium artificial flower arrangements in vase or luxury faux flower centerpieces make use of high-quality material and some even blend silk to get the most lifelike look and feel. As such, these decorative elements are deceptively natural to the untrained eye. These high-end artificial flowers are handcrafted to perfection with intricate details and lifelike hues giving them realistic texture and touch. You’ll be hard-pressed to find the difference between the real flowers and fake ones.
- All-Season Availability – Your favorite flowers might be available for only a few months every year giving you a limited time-window to enjoy them. This is not a problem with artificial flowers. You can enjoy your favorite blooms all-year-round and when spritzed with fragrance you won’t even know that you have their artificial renditions around you.
- Low Cost – Exotic real-flower centerpieces such as Orchids, Lilies, etc, cost hundreds of dollars. Artificial flower centerpieces will cost the same but will last much longer than the real ones. The cost per day with faux flowers is much lower than that of real flowers.
- Always at their Best – Real flowers wither away after a few days and often times it happens that your display is almost dead and you get unexpected guests. Does not make good viewing, does it? On the other hand, artificial flowers are always at their graceful best and brighten up the contemporary living room season after season.
- No Allergies – Do you love Chrysanthemum flowers? Or do you find Dahlias and Daisies to be incredibly attractive? Chances are you cannot bring them home because they cause allergies. But you can always bring artificial Chrysanthemums, Dahlias, and Daisies in your home and be around them without worrying about any allergic reaction.
- No Special Upkeep – Potted flower plants require sunlight, watering, pruning, etc on a regular basis. Even the smallest fluctuation for the optimum level and you’ll find them withering away. Artificial flower plants or flower arrangements have no special upkeep requirements.
- Unlimited Centerpiece Options – The best way to create a centerpiece during a special occasion is by using artificial flowers. It’s the easiest and most attractive way to decorate a table. In fact, if you have some real flowers or twigs around, you could add them to your faux flower centerpiece to give a much more realistic appeal to the display.
- Compatible in All Rooms, All Conditions – Faux flowers can live anywhere. From sunlight-filled rooms to sunlight-devoid spaces, these elements can withstand any amount of heat, humidity, and light which isn’t the case with real flowers.
- Fire-Safe and No Fade – Some manufacturers offer flame retardant artificial flowers and fade resistant artificial flowers. These flowers are blended with chemicals that make them flame retardant. Fire-retardant foliage meets local, national, and international fire standards so you can be assured that these flowers won’t contribute to the spread of fire in case of one. Similarly, fade resistant flowers are crafted to withstand harsh weather conditions such as sun, wind, water, or snow without worrying about color loss. No matter what the season, fade resistant flowers will always be bright and cheerful as ever.