11 Inexpensive Decor Products for Your Stuffy Dorm Room
1. Multifunctional yet compact: When you are purchasing furniture to stuff in the dorm room with small space make sure to pick the pieces which are multifunctional. You can opt for the futon, and you can use it both as full bed and sofa.
2. Lofting: Lofting can save you by freeing up a lot of space and allow you to turn it into lounging, storage or studying space. After removing your bed's bottom bunk, you can install some desk, storage container or futon there. Mostly the bunks were lofted in order to create a cozy space.
3. Coordination for avoiding clashing: Not every person will have the same taste when it comes to the color of the walls. So instead of clashing on the palette choice, you can come into a neutral color choice and pick the color palette accordingly. The coral and navy palette, when installed in the dorm room, can provide an open-ended view so that every personality can express themselves and the room will look pretty much balanced.
4. No more cold floors: Customisation is basically DIY-ing which you can do very quickly. As your dorm room is stuffy so it will be hard for you to get a carpet that can fit properly to the floor size and that is where you need to customize a rug accordingly. It is not only a cost-efficient deal, but you can also add your own touch to it though there are various places where you can even get it made by customization.
5. A clothing rack: It is quite hard to fit all your clothing collection into the armoire that is provided to you in the dorm room because your clothing is going to increase anyway. So having additional storage is very important for keeping all the accessories, shoes and clothes in a compact manner to avoid losing them. So you can purchase the clothing rack which you can easily store or keep anywhere, and it can also hold several clothes and accessories without breaking down.
6. Desk accessories: In every dorm room you will get a space where you can keep your desk for working or studying and for keeping the essential to enhance the experience while working. Keeping the workspace organized and clean is essential. So purchase the accessories for organizing the desk and use the drawers for keeping all the clutters at the bay. Don't forget to purchase a comfortable chair that can easily fit into space.
7. Make some room under your bed: If you are storing space is running short then try to find the area under the bed. You can put some long storing containers for holding clothes, linens, shoes, and accessories. You can also put the extra stuff in the suitcase which you have used for moving in into this place. To make space look good, you can also add the bed skirt for hiding everything that is underneath.
8. Stay vertical: If the dorm room is very small and you do not have enough space to fit everything then keeping everything vertical would be a great trick. You can purchase the storing containers made of plastic and keep everything there to allow the floors to stay open and free up the room from all the clutters. This storage can pile up to the ceiling of your room. One can also install the wall shelves for holding the storage uniformly. It will not only keep all the things in an organized way, but you can easily reach it.
9. Get your space: When you are sharing your room with another person then you will need some space to maintain your privacy. In order to set some boundaries for creating privacy, you will have to purchase the cubed bookcases. It will not only provide you with the optimum enclosure but will also not make you feel congested. These bookcases will stylishly divide the room and can also add a decorating element to the room. You can also opt for the curtains that will reach up to the floor. So whenever you need some alone time just slide those curtains.
10. Adding artwork: One should infuse their personality into space where they are living. It adds a very trendy and stylish look. You can add some vibrancy to inspire creativity. There are several gorgeous and colorful artwork which you can try at an affordable price. You can create the gallery wall by printing beautiful images from Instagram, or you can do some days.
11. Artificial plants: If your dorm room is at a place where enough sunlight doesn't reach where you can promote the growth of actual plant then you can opt for the artificial plants. Adding the fake tall grass plants can give a new element to your entire room. So even if you are busy to take care of the plants, it won't die, and till your graduation year, it will stay intact. You can put these artificial plants in the desk where you study or work, or you can keep it near the window to create a mesmerizing view. You can easily purchase wholesale artificial flower arrangements as they are readily available. You can get the topiary trees as well.
These are the 11 ideas which one can implement and give an entirely new look to the dorm room. They are also inexpensive so you won't have to drain all your money when you are decorating the dorm room.